The 2012 Hydroponic Farmers Federation (HFF) conference and trade show will be held in Ballarat, Victoria, from 18-20 July. The theme will be ‘The Future – Filling in the Gaps’. The HFF is all about networking and knowledge transfer and the aim of the conference is to facilitate and encourage both.
Some proposed topics for speakers include:
- What will the Carbon Tax mean for business?
- Who’s next – Succession Planning
- Getting government grants
- Getting the most from your technology
- Controlling rising input costs
- Cutting your energy bill
- Mission Impossible – increasing prices
- Predicting the future
- Improving growing techniques
- Training for growth
- Better labour management
- Business finance, budgeting and planning
- Labour recruitment
- Keeping it clean
- Growing in a wet summer
- Measures to improve
- Grower success stories.
The HFF is an industry grower organisation for commercial hydroponics and protected cropping growers. Membership includes growers, industry representatives and interested parties. The HFF is open to all hydroponic farmers Australia-wide.
For further information go to: Website: www.hff.org.au