The New Rural Industries Australia 2012 Conference, Expo and Fashion Parade will be held at the Mercure Hotel and Convention Centre, Ballarat, Victoria, from 18-19 April.
The NRIA is about commercial action for new and emerging rural industries – capacity building with an overall objective of profitable commercialisation of new, innovative and emerging plant, animal and associated regional industries. The NRIA seeks to deliver strong benefits to stakeholder industries, build regional economies and benefit the wider community through these activities. The NRIA leverages R&D, national and international networks to build commercial alliances.
Key issues that NRIA 2012 will present include:
- Carbon Farming into the 21st Century – Times of change are times of opportunity.
- Biodiversity and biosecurity – how to protect and innovate.
- Knowledge tools and networks – smarter, agile business tools for nimble industries.
- International partnerships – building strong global networks to Australia’s advantage.
- Entrepreneurship – how to drive your emerging business forward. Ω