From the Certificate IV in Production Horticulture, this course is specifically designed to develop high level technical and management skills of:
- Growers in protected cropping
- Suppliers of hydroponic equipment
- Horticultural researchers and educators.
The course includes practical training, discussions, demonstrations and lectures supported by written notes, and other practical tools. It is conducted by two experienced industry presenters-Graeme Smith (Graeme Smith Consulting) and Rick Donnan (Growool Horticultural Systems)-and is customised to suit the requirements of each group.
The course assists participants to:
- understand the principles of controlled production systems
- use new strategies and technologies to manage greenhouse climates and irrigation.
- understand plant growing requirements and plant production techniques
- develop new strategies for plant protection and integrated pest-management
- understand plant nutrition and fertigation programs
Topics include: media types and characteristics; plant structure; nutrition and nutrient management; water quality; EC and pH; plant physiology and environmental management; irrigation – media’s manager; plant health.
Feedback from previous courses include:
- “All aspects of the course were excellent!”,
- “… the presenters had great practical knowledge and experience…”,
- “Thanks for an informative week.”
Location: GOTAFE, Wanganui Road, Shepparton Victoria 3630
Duration: 4 1/2 days
Dates: Monday 18 March – Friday 22 March 2013
Course Cost: $1950
To register your interest or for further information, contact the Course Coordinator: Leigh Taig, ph (03) 5833-2851 MB: 0438 381 834 or email: email@example.com