Delish Veggies (India) and Graeme Smith Consulting (Aust) have promulgated a second Greenhouse and Hydroponic Technical Management training course to be held in Pune, India, in late October. This follows the success of their first training course held in Pune in early 2017. The program included practical farm tours and was attended by renowned international trainers from Australia, six international participants, and 35 participants from seven Indian states. Unfortunately, many participants were turned away due to limited seats. Therefore, owing to popular demand, a second course has been promulgated and will include many interesting topics and commercial farm set-up sessions.
The course will again be conducted by two highly experienced Australian industry presenters – Graeme Smith and Rick Donnan.
Graeme is the principal of Graeme Smith Consulting and consults throughout the world. He runs regular study tours to Holland/EU and North America, and is a past Chairman of Protected Cropping Australia, the industry’s peak organisation. Graeme’s recent international greenhouse projects are located in Hyderabad, Saudi Arabia, China and Jordan.
Rick Donnan is the principal of Growool Horticultural Systems, and he is a regular Q&A columnist in the world’s leading commercial hydroponic and greenhouse industry publication – Practical Hydroponics & Greenhouses. Rick provides client consultancy services throughout Australia.
This course assists participants to improve their ability to understand the key principles in commercial greenhouse and hydroponic production by:
- understanding the principles of controlled production systems
- using correct strategies and technologies to manage greenhouse climates and irrigation
- understanding plant growing requirements and plant production techniques
- developing new strategies for plant protection and integrated pest and disease management
- understanding plant nutrition and fertigation programs, and
- identifying the risks and opportunities of climate change.
Course topics include:
- Media types and characteristics
- Nutrition and nutrient management
- Water quality and treatment
- Environmental management
- Greenhouse business and marketing plan
- Greenhouse design and layout
- Plant structure
- EC and pH
- Plant physiology
- Irrigation management
- Plant health
- Pest and disease control.
The 2nd Greenhouse and Hydroponic Technical Management Course for India will be held in Pune from 23-27 October 2017 (5 days). The course cost is Rs. 50,000 including GST – lunch and morning and afternoon tea will be provided throughout the course.
Posted 19 September 2017