The course is specifically designed to develop technical and management skills of owners, staff and managers of greenhouse and hydroponic growing systems to meet the challenges of producing high quality and high value food for India. The course is suitable for all levels of expertise and experience and also for those considering setting up a hydroponic greenhouse operation. It covers all aspects of commercial greenhouse-based hydroponic growing and attendees will gain a unique insight into the latest developments and best practice currently being employed throughout the world. It is also highly useful for commercial horticultural companies wishing to gain an insight into the rapidly expanding Indian market of hydroponics.
The course includes practical system training, discussions, demonstrations and lectures supported by written notes and other practical tools. The course will be conducted by two highly experienced Australian industry presenters Graeme Smith and Rick Donnan.
Graeme is the proprietor of Graeme Smith Consulting – he consults throughout the world, runs regular study tours to Holland/EU and North America, and is the past Chairman of Protected Cropping Australia. Recent international greenhouse projects include Hyderabad, China and Saudi Arabia.
Rick owns Growool Horticultural Systems and is the Q&A columnist in the world’s leading hydroponic industry publication – Practical Hydroponics & Greenhouses magazine and provides client consultancy services throughout Australia.
The course assists participants to improve their ability to understand the key principles in commercial greenhouse and hydroponic production by:
- understanding the principles of controlled production systems
- using correct strategies and technologies to manage greenhouse climates and irrigation
- understanding plant growing requirements and plant production techniques
- developing new strategies for plant protection and integrated pest & disease management
- understanding plant nutrition and fertigation programs
- identifying the risks and opportunities of climate change
- Hydroponic production systems
- Media types & characteristics
- Plant structure
- Nutrition & nutrient management
- Water quality and treatment
- EC & pH
- Plant physiology
- Environmental management
- Irrigation ‐ media management
- Greenhouse business and marketing plan
- Plant health
- Greenhouse design and layout
- Pest and disease control
Dates: Feb 27th to 3rd Mar 2017 (5 days)
Course cost: Rs. 50,000 plus VAT. Lunch, as well as morning and afternoon tea will be provided throughout the course.
Posted 5 November 2016