Victorian-based Graeme Smith Consulting is offering studies for new or existing protected cropping or hydroponic projects. The proposal is essentially a case-study to determine the production potential and capital costs that could be presented to a financial institution (or others) as a full business plan, and includes the following:
- Detailed climate study for your location (over at least the last 15 years) that explores the following: max, min and average temperature, humidity, cloudy days, sunshine hours, daily radiation, rainfall, wind speed and direction (includes data tables and graphs) – climate study will reveal the necessary greenhouse technology required to successfully produce your selected crop in your location.
- A study on the mean daily and annual energy requirements of the location, including a comparison of the average energy use in % and GJ (tailored for your selected fuel source).
- A study on the mean daily and annual water requirements of the location, including a comparison of the average water use and rainwater harvest in ML.
- Above data is factored into Dutch modelling software (Tomsim) to predict production potential for different CO2 (carbon dioxide) levels, radiation levels, crop age and average 24-hour temperatures for each location.
- A full ‘EBIT’ (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes) and ‘ROC’ (Return on Capital) study for your size project, crop and location (with summary).
- A two-page pricing summary (Excel spreadsheet) that allows user to individually select each technology item proposed, that reveals total project capital costs, cost per m2 and % of total.
- This climate and financial proposal can be tailored to suit all greenhouse crops.
This information, collated over a number of weeks, is a powerful tool that models potential production and financial viability for new or extended greenhouse projects. For a quotation to prepare a full climate and financial study for selected crop and greenhouse/system size, contact Graeme Smith Consulting (email@example.com).