From the Certificate IV in Production Horticulture, this course is specifically designed to develop high level technical and management skills of: growers in protected cropping, suppliers of hydroponic equipment, agronomists and horticultural researchers and educators.
The course includes practical training, discussions, demonstrations and lectures supported by written notes and other practical tools. It is conducted by to experienced industry presenters—Graeme Smith (Graeme Smith Consulting) and Rick Donnan (Growool Horticultural Systems)—and is customised to suit the requirments of each group.
The course assists participants to:
- understand the principles of controlled production systems
- use new strategies and technologies to manage greenhouse climates and irrigation
- understand plant growing requirements and plant production techniques
- develop new strategies for plant protection and integrated pest management
- understand plant nutrition and fertigation programs.
Topics include: media types and characteristics; plant structure; nutrition and nutrient management; water quality, EC and pH; plant physiology and environmental management; irrigation—media’s manager; plant health and crop protection; NFT systems (new); CO2; crop registration; maintenance plan; recirculation; innovative software programs, etc., with practical workshops at nearby greenhouses.
Course venues and dates:
- Pukekohe (NZ)—27 April to 1 May 2015 (TBC)
- Virginia (SA)—3-7 August 2015
- Coffs Harbour—17-21 August 2015
- Other locations on application—phone to discuss dates and locations.
The cost of the course is A$1950. To register your interest or for further information contact: Course Coordinator, Leigh Taig, email: email@example.com or phone: (03) 5833-2851, MB 0438 381 834
Posted 24 March 2015