GOTAFE will present another short course to assist greenhouse growers in getting the best production out of their system and planning for the future. Presenters will be Graeme Smith (Graeme Smith Consulting) and Rick Donnan (Growool Horticultural Systems and regular contributor to Practical Hydroponics and Greenhouses)
This course will be run in Coffs Harbour, NSW, from Monday 30 January to Friday 3 February 2012. The course is accredited under FarmReady. Eligible primary producers can claim up to 65% of their training course costs ($1267.50); as well as, up to $500 in expenses for people in remote areas.
The course consists of 12 topics, and are part of every course to ensure sound greenhouse and hydroponic principles are understood by all participants.
- Greenhouse Plant Physiology
- Water Quality, EC & pH
- Greenhouse Environmental Management
- Plant Structure, Nutrition & Nutrient Management
- Irrigation – Media’s Manager, understanding irrigation in protected cropping and soilless culture
- Media Types & Characteristics
- Crop Registration & Plant Balance
- A Professional Approach To Growing.
- Common Greenhouse Pests, Diseases, & IPM
- CO2 Enrichment of Greenhouses
- Recirculation, How To Convert To A Closed Hydroponic System.
- Greenhouse Crop Protection Principles
- Implement a Hydroponic Maintenance Program
Other topics that could be covered (time permitting) would include the following:
- Location, Siting & Layout of Greenhouse Systems
- Greenhouse Structures & Environmental Management
- Basic Hydroponic Systems & Components
- Quality Assurance, OH&S, IT & Production Plan
- Tomato Plant Management, Physical & Cultural Requirements.
- Implement a Plant Establishment Program
- New Greenhouse Investment & Technology Considerations
(NB: The above 7 topics could be considered by newer entrants into the hydroponic & greenhouse industry)
The proposed time-table for courses in other states es will be advised closer to the dates.
Week beginning Monday
|30 January||Coffs Harbour|
|27 February (tbc)||Perth|
|26 March||Gawler (Virginia area)|
|16 April 16||Devonport|
Numbers for the course are strictly limited.
For further information contact: Leigh Taig, Controlled Environment Horticulture, Goulburn
Ovens Institute of TAFE, Fryers St Shepparton VIC 3630 MB: 0438 381 834 Ph: 03 5833 2851
Fax: 03 5833 2881 Email: email@example.com Ω